Saturday, February 2, 2008

Like Water for Milk

It's 1:20 a.m. and I'm waiting for Liam to fall back to sleep. He had a really good day - a total of 3 hours of naps, ate all his meals, drank all his bottles, and went to bed by 7p.m. So all the books say he shouldn't need to get up at all. I let him fuss for almost 10 minutes, and then went in. Very wet diaper. Very upset little boy. We walked around a little. Then I gave him a bottle of water (trying to end the habit & the reward for getting up). He's still my little cuddle-bug...while he drinks his bottle, I just love it when he reaches up to squeeze my chin or touch my cheek or tug my hair. Awww...

After about 2 oz he sat up and started shaking his head, like he was telling me "No." Then, bleh...puked up water.

But then he settled down and seemed sleepy. The ocean creatures are dancing across his ceiling (projector) and Brahm's Lullaby is working its magic. It's been 5 minutes, and he's still fussing. UGH.

Funny new thing today - Liam and I were playing on the floor a lot; he loves to reach in the basket and pull out toys. Every once in a while, he would get frustrated because a toy rolled out of his reach, or because he couldn't pick it up with one hand...and he would clench his fists, make his face go beet-red, and let out this LOUD scream! Temper, temper.

At first I tried consoling & calming him. That did nothing. Then I tried screaming back. He just screamed more. So we had a little chorus of screams. But then he started "singing" in this high-pitched voice...just baby sounds, but it really sounded like he was trying to sing. Or yodel. He cracks me up! Oh, and the ABC-singing dog was about the only thing that would really calm him when he got angry today. Cousin Dawn is a genius for giving him that toy!!!

Ah, it's been 10 minutes and Liam is back to sleep. For now. Gotta go get some more sleep in while I can. Oh, and it's daddy's birthday today (Feb.2) - maybe that's why Liam woke up. He was so excited to celebrate daddy's b-day for the first time. :o)

Good night, sweet boy.

No comments: