Thursday, February 7, 2008

Can You Hear Me Now?


It's 2:17 a.m. and I'm waiting for Liam to fall back to sleep. He had a great day, except his naps were no longer than a half hour each today (usually he gets at least one good one of an hour or more). But he played, he ate, and he was his usual happy, silly self. Just a little tired.

While Liam was having his last bottle at 6:30 p.m., daddy called from Atlanta. This was the third night, so I think Liam knew it was daddy. He got all excited when the phone rang - stopped drinking his bottle and started laughing and flapping his arms. Then while I was talking with Chris, I was holding Liam - I think he could hear daddy's voice, because he got even more excited. When I put the phone up to Liam's ear so daddy could talk with him, Liam's face just lit up. He was smiling so much!

Earlier we had listened to a message from daddy, Liam stopped playing to whip around and stare at the answering machine. He just kept looking at the answering machine and giggling. Too cute.

Anyway, I think we have achieved sleep so it's off to bed for mommy, too.

Good night, sweet boy.

1 comment:

Daddy said...

Soooo cute! It sure does make your day when your son hears your voice on the phone and gets excited. One more night away from home. I can't wait get home tomorrow and see my happy family!!!